WhyQatar-topBanner (728x90px)
e - Magazine
LeftSideBar Add 1

LeftSideBar Add 2

LeftSideBar Add 3

LeftSideBar Add 4

For Qatari residents: Do you prefer a summer or winter World Cup 2022?




Contracts Awarded

Written by  Author |   Fri, 26 August 2016 09:09

 

KBR, the American engineering, procurement, and construction company has signed a $185 million contract to extend its role as program manager of Qatar's expressway program by three years. KBR is working closely with Qatar's public works authority Ashghal to create a strategic network of roads to support the goals of Qatar's National Vision 2030.
 
The main construction contract for another 2022 World Cup stadium in Qatar was awarded to a joint venture of Qatar-based Al Balagh Trading & Contracting and India’s largest construction firm, Larsen & Toubro Ltd. The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SCDL) said that the JV will be tasked with rebuilding Al Rayyan Stadium in three years’ time.
 
French Total has won a 30 percent stake in a new 25-year contract to operate Qatar's largest offshore oilfield in the second major upstream development deal for the oil firm in the Gulf region in as many years. State-owned Qatar Petroleum (QP) will keep the remaining 70 percent in the new joint venture for the Al-Shaheen field, which is 80 km (50 miles) off Qatar's coast and currently produces around 300,000 barrels per day (bpd).
 
Turkey-based Anel Mepa has been awarded a $66.5 million building automation and management and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contract for the Red Line of Doha Metro project. The company has received a letter of conditional award from main contractor FCC-Yuksel-Archirodon-Petroserv JV.
 
Siemens has signed a contract to supply six F-class gas turbines, four steam turbines and several generators for a new power generating facility in Qatar. The orders are for a new combined-cycle power generating facility with an integrated seawater desalination plant, named Umm Al Houl.
 
Construction consultancy Hill International’s consortium has won a $41.6 million (QAR151.4 million) project management contract for the development of the new Lusail LRT system in Qatar. Partnering with Italferr and Qatari consultancy ASTAD Project Management, Hill holds 50% of the deal that is set to deliver the four-year project on behalf of Qatar Railways Company.
 
Barwa Real Estate has awarded Qatar-based INSHA Contracting and Trading Co. a $274.6 million (QAR1bn) contract to oversee the first phase of a $412 million (QAR1.5bn) Motor City complex. The development will be home to used car showrooms, vehicle rental facilities and repair workshops in Qatar.
 
Read 4516 times

Leave a Comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.

WhyQatar Magazine is an environmentally conscious publication
October / 10 / 2014
ISSUE
MOST POPULAR »
VIDEO STREAMING
WhyQatar-Right Left Ad (247x244px)
WhyQatar-Right Squared (116x116px)
WhyQatar-Right Squared 2
WhyQatar-Right Squared Bottom (116x116px)
WhyQatar-Right Rectangle (116x380px)
Links

DIGITAL COPIES ARCHIVE

TO READ OUR FREE DIGITAL MAGAZINES CLICK ON A COVER

RightSideBar_345x175 Add 1
RightSideBar_345x175 Add 2
RightSideBar_345x175 Add 3
RightSideBar_345x175 Add 4